On facebook there was a game that if you commented or liked someone’s post about “what you might not know about me”, they will give you a number and ask for you to write something about yourself that people might not know.
Here is what I wrote:
Here are 11 things about me, in case you didn’t know.
1. I’m a level 2 Reiki practitioner
2. Lived in the projects in Queens, NY for the first 12 years of my life
3. Love Disco
4. When I was 10 years old I send John Travolta $1.00 for his birthday LOL.
5. Was an aerobic instructor in my late teens.
6. My first car was a Suzuki jeep.
7. Did a commercial for a Puertorican magazine.
8. Lived in Minnesota for 1 year
9. Owned a small business with a friend doing personalized books for children in Los Angeles.
10. I’m into genealogy! I researched my Grandmother’s family history from France to Spain and than to Puerto Rico.
11. Love to cross stitch
I found it interesting that many were surprised that I lived in Minnesota, or that I was into Reiki or enjoyed cross stitching. They couldn’t see me doing those things or being interested in them.
I have always love experiencing new things and I’m willing to take a chance and give it a try before I say “No thanks, this is not for me”. I want to taste, smell (well I don’t have sense of smell, so this is a hard one :-)), and see new things. In a way I want to experience life like a toddler does. I think we have lost that in our society. We look at the world with eyes of distrust, judging it’s every move, and always trying to rush through it, till one day we stop and see that life has just flown by, and all the dreams and hope that we had once when we were younger are gone. We then say I’m to old, don’t have enough money, I might as well give up on my dreams.
I’ve had those moments, that years pass by and I say “where did time go”. But I also have had those moments that I try to cherish every second, every moment. Because I know that today and NOW is all we have. Life does not guarantee me that I will be here tomorrow. So if TODAY is all I have than what am I willing to do, to savor, to experience right now! What is my life purpose? What can I do to contribute to the world that I live in? How will my children remember me, when I’m gone? These are the questions that I ask of myself.
Yes! I cross stitch, I practice Reiki, I love doing mud races and getting muddy, and jumping out of airplanes. But I also love baking cookies with my girls, and watching movies on the floor when it’s raining, and playing board games. I love making Christmas magical for them, because I too want to believe in Santa Claus!
So, I ask you, what are you choosing to experience in your life TODAY?